Tuesday, 19 January 2010

The Blog I Needed To Do

Tea. I love tea. I can imagine that any poor soul about to read this knowing what situation im in at the moment could be lead to the conclusion that i have far too much time on my hands and have nothing better to do that talk about entirely inane shite.
 Well i suppose this evaluation of events wouldn't be entirely unture, however, it's a blog that I should have done a while ago.
 
I don't think of myself as a person who has a hugely addictive personality, however, tea is my smack. I love the shit and if I had had to live without something this would be very far, if not, the last on the long list.
 
Why do i love the stuff. Why is it one of the first things that I think of when I wake and why do I think that I couldn't function at my workplace without having one before hand. What is it that makes me sooo comforted when having one. The warmth? The tatse? The look? I suppose it's all of it but there is no feeling like when you get back after a shite day or after doing the walk of shame and having a shaower. Sticking the kettle on and going through the few little rituals in the making of said amazing hot confection. Sitting down, curling your hands around the cup and taking the first tentative sip. The slurpping noise and the samll or somethimes large amount of burning pain on your lips, depending on how in need of the stuff you are, and then that feeling. The feeling that you have had to amny smokes the night before and you can feel every bit go down your throat.
 
 Joy!! That is real joy!! How can such a small and easy refreshment bring soo much feeling. I know this all sounds a but far fetched but seriously, can you think of one other thing that without fault can sort you out everytime without fail.
 
Then comes the decision of what kind of this fantastical leaf you should purchase.....I must admit have always been a fan of tetley. Mum always bought it for the house and I suppose although its not the most tastey of the commercial brands when you have grown up with it and you are used to it then it becomes something that you get used to. However after a visit to Jimbo and Faff's place, they gave me some yorkshire tea. That shit is good. Off to the shops and now its a staple.
 
The one thing out of this whole enjoyable and entirely healthy addiction is that I stil can't decide what milk. Hahah. I mean seriously its not something that keeps me awake all night or something that should be a major point of contention but I reckon was I in a certain group of company, basically the people that read this blog, and we maybe found ourselves in a pub, we could have a pretty damn long conversation about this subject. When I had the yorkshire tea for the first time it was skimmed milk. You could tatse loads but there is something about skimmed milk I just don't trust. It's definitly not whole milk because that makes me feel sick. Suppose semi skimmed it the best alternative but it just doesn't let you tatse he tea as much.
 
This whole post sounds a bit more than a little mental and I can't really believe ive bollocked on soo much about fucking tea. It was bound to happen and I reckon I may have struck a cord with people. It's a serious  discussion that I think needs to be had by more people.

2 comments:

  1. It's the caffeine! If i don't start the day off with a cuppa then my day is completely ruined. COMPLETLEY. It's all about PG Tips (the triangle ones, not the round ones. The round ones are for tea-hating losers) and semi skimmed milk. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yorkshire tea all the way!!! Heathen!!!

    ReplyDelete