SO you may or most likely not know that I am hoping to set myself up, by around August of next year, with a flat and which will include a small photo studio that i'm going to use for portrait and product work. It's going to be a pretty big ask for me because there are a lot of things that go into something like this but still people all over the world have a little business that runs along side their normal job and you never know that it might actually work and I could leave my job and do something for the rest of my life that I love to do, but lets not jump the gun too much.
This of course means that me and the ever entertaining Ms Cheesman would be parting company. This is not something that will lay lightly on my heart and I expect that there will be many calls to say-
"Tilly is on tonight..... ill be at yours in 10 minutes!!", equally from both sides. Or at least I hope it will be as there is nothing that would piss me off and upset me more than to lose touch.....wow that was a nice thing to say......right...well......your still a tosser!!! No it's true. L.S.D hearts Mirandac.
So to start all this photography excitement I have started a photography course online which I know sounds pretty pointless. What can you learn from doing photography online? Well actually you can learn a fair bit.
The course is designed in the normal academic way. YOu read material. You do assignments. You get them checked and marked by your own tutor. If he says that you can carry on you can then read the next load of material and move onto the next assignment. If he doesn't then you have to go back and do it again until you get it right. So far I have done 1.5 modules and I have actually learned loads in that time. Im actually surprised myself as I didn't expect it to have this much impact on my learning of photography. So lets hope all goes well and then maybe some of you that read this blog may be getting asked to come and get your photo's taken so I can pass my assignments...geek!!
Of course not only am I thinking of doing my own little company, Miranda and Charlotte have theirs on the go at the moment. Watching them two with their "bottle of wine on the bed doing work meetings" makes me think that really if those two can't do it, considering they are so so so made for something like that, then I wont have a chance. So lets hope that all goes well for them to, if not just for them but also for my sanity. I hope that we both do really well then hopefully we can both use each others efforts to help each other.
Work is gay! Not in the touch my bum way but in the same way that doing up your shirt and putting the wrong button in the wrong hole is. Only to realise after once fixing the first issue and re-doing the shirt up that you now have a big red wine stain on the sleeve! That kinda gay!
What is wrong with just being honest and being a man about things. By "being a man about things", I mean being up front and just saying things in a straight forward manner. Companies don't seem to be able to grasp that all this does is piss people off and make a bad situation even worse. This all stems from my issues with my promotion at work. For all intense and purposes I have got it and have been doing the work and have gotten the office space and the desk and the big computer screen. However the main point of the whole fucking exercise is to get some more money for what I have been doing for months now. This still hasn't happened and as you can imagine i'm non to happy about the it.
Nokia!! Just give me some more fucking money you corduroy wearing, its not ready yet, aryan race, leeadammer eating fucking tossers!!! (I know they are not danish but i'm venting so fuck off!)
Well now thats all over and done with i'm sure it will all work out for the best. Everything happens for a reason. On a more lighthearted note, I went the other night with Miranda, James and Faith to see The Watchmen.
I actually went to the cinema. This is no mean feet as will any of my close friends tell you. I have issues with the cinema and do not like going if it is going to be busy and certainly would'nt even think about it if I cannot secure an isle seat, thats just crazy talk!!! So all things were in hand. After Faith and James had arrived, Faith had not had a great day and James had been stuck on the tube, it was a good way to be able to release all that unwanted stress and tension. Te fil was great. I had all the parameters met by good seating and that meant I could totally enjoy the film.
I have tried to read the watchmen and actually couldn't finish it all because It wasn't really my cup of tea. This being said I thought the film was awesome. Im not going through it because you al now what the premise is but I thought the characters were great and the story line clever. I have also checked that the film kept true to the graphic novel and it does, which is another good thing towards the next endorsement to the comic book remake film genre.
And I nearly forgot. I have started to put together my first website with the help and guidance of the fair maiden Cheeser. Its a work in progress and actually there is hardly anything on there. Here is the address so you can keep informed on what is going on with the photography-
http://www.zuko-photography.co.uk
So I think i'm ready to wrap it all up. I suppose to finish on a nice note, Tilley posted a new video on youtube and it was great to actually be made to feel better about myself through the medium of fatter puffs than I. Thanks Tilster.
I learned today the difference between small and medium format photography......exactly!!
aww, Kitty heart Gilly
ReplyDelete