I have only one sport in my life. Shooting. Ive done lots of other sports over the times and have given them all up but this one has been the only one to carry on going and keep me interested. Maybe due to the fact that I don't have to really do much excercise to partake in the activity might help but that is by the by.
Clays, rough, stalking, target really anything with a gun I love so I took the step to join a gun club and bring my shotgun down. Bisley is the one that I chose to go to and have been super happy with it the whole way. They store my gun there. You get cheaper clay amounts and you can have a lovely cup of tea and a sandwich in the lovely clubhouse which is adorned in game trophies, taxidermy's and lovely leather couches.
It has really given me the choice not to go out drinking. Although I have only been once because of uni and work and revision and now fecking illness. Once I have done the exams I am going to really spend some time up there. I want to really get involved in the comps this time aswell. I did some back home but think that now I have the ability to travel round the country I should try harder. It also means that i get to use my lovely lovely gun:
I don't think I have ever gotten so much fun and enjoyed something so much as i have as this little wee chap. I remember getting my first shotgun when I was 16 (under my dads license) and moving up in the ranks of the types of shotguns you could get and which ones i preferred and then stumbled upon this. We looked high and low and then spoke to the gunsmith you ordered it in from Italy as he had not ordered them in yet due to them just coming out.
If there has ever been a time where I have just sat and looked at something in awe it was this. I just sat looking at it. Dismantling it and cleaning it and buying extras etc etc etc.
Now I am looking further. I have started along the route of getting my firearms license and hoepfully this time next year I will be the proud owner of a new rifle. That means therefore I could not only use my air rifle:
It means I could also start along the route of going on my first deer stalking holiday which i have promised to myself for finishing my exams. I'm not really too sure why I started writing about the guns and experience. I think it was mainly because I realised that to go to the range I needed my ear defenders. I also then realised that I hadn't brought mine down from home so needed to get some.I ahve always, since being a kid, wanted some electronic ear defenders (my god this would be boring if you were reading this shit), and the other day i decided to take the leap and get some:
They are basically amazing. I have no intention of saying why because, if by now you haven't already started tying the knots of your own noose then you will if i did. However just to say that it has made me want to go shooting more, i think, than I have in a very long time.
Clays, rough, stalking, target really anything with a gun I love so I took the step to join a gun club and bring my shotgun down. Bisley is the one that I chose to go to and have been super happy with it the whole way. They store my gun there. You get cheaper clay amounts and you can have a lovely cup of tea and a sandwich in the lovely clubhouse which is adorned in game trophies, taxidermy's and lovely leather couches.
It has really given me the choice not to go out drinking. Although I have only been once because of uni and work and revision and now fecking illness. Once I have done the exams I am going to really spend some time up there. I want to really get involved in the comps this time aswell. I did some back home but think that now I have the ability to travel round the country I should try harder. It also means that i get to use my lovely lovely gun:
I don't think I have ever gotten so much fun and enjoyed something so much as i have as this little wee chap. I remember getting my first shotgun when I was 16 (under my dads license) and moving up in the ranks of the types of shotguns you could get and which ones i preferred and then stumbled upon this. We looked high and low and then spoke to the gunsmith you ordered it in from Italy as he had not ordered them in yet due to them just coming out.
If there has ever been a time where I have just sat and looked at something in awe it was this. I just sat looking at it. Dismantling it and cleaning it and buying extras etc etc etc.
Now I am looking further. I have started along the route of getting my firearms license and hoepfully this time next year I will be the proud owner of a new rifle. That means therefore I could not only use my air rifle:
It means I could also start along the route of going on my first deer stalking holiday which i have promised to myself for finishing my exams. I'm not really too sure why I started writing about the guns and experience. I think it was mainly because I realised that to go to the range I needed my ear defenders. I also then realised that I hadn't brought mine down from home so needed to get some.I ahve always, since being a kid, wanted some electronic ear defenders (my god this would be boring if you were reading this shit), and the other day i decided to take the leap and get some:
They are basically amazing. I have no intention of saying why because, if by now you haven't already started tying the knots of your own noose then you will if i did. However just to say that it has made me want to go shooting more, i think, than I have in a very long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment