Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Silly Bible thingy

I get that I am not a religious person. I obviously cannot stand the church. Or at least certain aspects of it. But now and then you forget how utterly fucking ridiculous it is. Whilst meandering through the many news apps that are now packing my phone, I noticed an article explaining that Cardinal O'Brian had explained his ideas about gay marriage within the confines of religion or at least within the christian faith. He proffered that the idea of gay marriage would take away the nuclear family and the long held belief that a child deserves (DESERVES) to have a mum and a dad. 


As it may not come as a suprise that I found this fucking backward. Although I find many of the ideas and comments that religous figures say about gay rights and aspects of the culture and the way that the community live their lives. But the one question that I found myself asking was, how the fuck do you people get away with saying the torrents of shite that fall out your horrible, backward, divisive and archaic little mouths. Why on earth does this country, amongst pretty much every other, hold faith and religion in such high regard. 

If you look at political parties such as the BNP and the poop that falls out of their mouths and how they are held in the minds of the UK society for example. They say racist, homophobic and sexist shite but no where near as much as some of the head figures of the major religions over the times. That's not me in anyway sticking up for the BNP, just in case anyone thought I had been taking drugs alot lately.


A recent poll showed UK Christians to be 61% in favor of gay marriage. This does not even include non-Christians.
 
Cardinal O'Brien may try to claim that the Bible alone dictates morality, but he is in for a tricky ride. May I remind you of the ban on haircuts and shaving your beard (Leviticus 19:27), the rule about not eating shellfish (Leviticus 11:10), the thing about women not being allowed to wear any expensive clothes or jewellery (Timothy 2:9), the ban on polyester clothes (Leviticus 19:19) and the fact that any descendent of an illegitimate person is not allowed in a church, even after 10 generations (Deuteronomy 23:3)

As for Christian marriage, it has already gone through huge changes... twice. For starters, a literal Biblical marriage is a polygamous one (Exodus 21:10) that allows a husband to stone his bride to death if she is not a virgin on their wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:22). I'm sure Cardinal O'Brien is very glad the whole notion of marriage is not as it once was. Secondly, it was barely until the 17th century that marriages were vaguely religious or even conducted in churches.

 Maybe the only reason that people feel the need to be accepted by the church is because for some odd reason, the modern world which has moved on so so much in years gone by , still hasn't looked at the sniveling goblin on our shoulders that is the church.


Thats not to say that the christian community has done a hell of a lot of good in the world. In every community im sure that many tasks and charity events have been carried out to help alot of people. The individual people within religion obviously can't be held responsibility for the leaders but fuck me have a word and send a letter or the very least have a bake sale to tell your boys at the top that they are total twats that need to have word and grow the frack up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment