Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Turning Back The Clock

Revision is kicking my arse. It's dull and full of shite.

So I have done wha any other normal self respecting person would do and started to do fly tying again. Random, yes. Boring to some, yes. But I like it so that's all that matters I suppose.

Some of the guys at work decided that they wanted to go fishing. I had the time to have a look and see that there are places that are free and you can go whenever you want. This mad me think of fly tying again. I had done a little bit around a year ago after getting my stuff sent down from mum. It originally started however, when I was in year 6-7. We had a lunch time club with Mr Robson my form teacher. Me and 7 mates would meet in the form room. Bring our materials in and off you go.
 When explaining this to someone the other day however, i realised that if a kid decoded to do this nowadays in London they would most likely get stabbed or at the very least beaten to within an inch of their hoodies (jumpers). But back then, in the north, we had no problems. Non of the kids even battered an eyelid. It was just kinda excepted as being something that people do. Most like their dads or mums when fishing so it was totally normal.

I digress, point of the post was for me to have a place for me to put the pics of things I had done so that when im all old and have real things to do with my life I can look back and remeber the many ways in which i wasted time when I was not so old.

 Damsel Fly Nymph
 Diawl Bach
 Flexi Buzzer 1
 Emerald Bumble (Made this one up so made up a name)
 Hares Ear Spider
 Red Quill
Solider Palmer

To anyone that actually does this as a proper hobby these are gunna look like dog shite but, I suppose you have to start somewhere and back in the day I used to be able to get them looking pretty good. More materials ordered so we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment