So along the road of Flytying, which I can entirely understand must more boring than maths to other people, I have made a jump into "Feather Marrying" in a bit to make some of my flies look slightly more exciting.
The idea is that you get a few different feathers. You cut a piece off each side of the wing. Separate some of the barbs. Then marry these up in some sort of sequence with the pieces of the other feathers. The end goal is to make these amazing looking flies that are meant to make fish like salmon pay more attention to them.
As I don't go fishing, although the plans are underway to start at hamstead heath, I am doing these just for some fun and to serve as an adequate distraction from revision. I have head my first go today and although I ran out of room and covered the eye, I am happy enough. Waiting for the next batch of feathers to come so I can make some good looking flies hopefully.
The idea is that you get a few different feathers. You cut a piece off each side of the wing. Separate some of the barbs. Then marry these up in some sort of sequence with the pieces of the other feathers. The end goal is to make these amazing looking flies that are meant to make fish like salmon pay more attention to them.
As I don't go fishing, although the plans are underway to start at hamstead heath, I am doing these just for some fun and to serve as an adequate distraction from revision. I have head my first go today and although I ran out of room and covered the eye, I am happy enough. Waiting for the next batch of feathers to come so I can make some good looking flies hopefully.
The finished fly. This is entirely useless because I covered the eye but hey ho.
This was the first attempt at making the feather. I was hoping for more colours but the feathers havent arrived yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment