Yesterday me and doddsey went over to the metro centre (massive shopping centre in Newcastle) he did some shopping and then we went to frankie and bennies for some good grub. Back to his with a couple crates and proceeded to have another night on the dreaded booze along with a few others that came round.
So I realise I have t explained the whole landlord thing yet so here goes. Inty called me the other week and asked me if it would be ok to put his name on one of the utility bills. He needed so he could set up a business account which would be registered from our flat. Ok so I thought why not it doesn't sound like too bad of a thing so told him he would have to ask Miranda aswell because the accounts are in her name aswell. He did and she said yes too as would be expected.
However.
Mum over heard and thought she would ask her boss who is a solicitor. Next day she calls to say that whatever I do I should not allow him to go on our accounts because to say he is at the property paying bills is illegal. Also a client of hers who did allow her landlord onto the bills was faced with a short jail sentence as her landlord had been running some sort of money laundering service through his business and as it was registered to the flat she was in and her name was on the same bills she too was accountable for the problems caused. I dont understand all the in's and out's of the whole thing but I'm not about to argue with a solicitor of 30 years.
I told Inty this and he kept on saying it's not it's not. Basically he has bugged me about it now for 1.5 weeks. It ended the other night with me having to be blunt and saying I'm on holiday and won't be dealing with it until I get back however mine and mirandas view will not change. I can't believe he is expecting us to do something we have clearly said we are not happy with. I know he will not be happy when I tell him it's not gunna happen. I could even see him getting shitty with me and maybe even further but I don't give a fuck to be honest. Neither myself or Miranda are going to be pushed into this and certainly not by a stupid little landlord like him.
LSD is not a happy bunny. However could be worse. We could still be with foxtons.
Regards
Dan
No comments:
Post a Comment